We are lucky enough to have some wonderful long arm quilters around Devils Lake. Below is a list of a few of the long arm quilters in the area.
Northern Lights Quilting
Be sure to ask your long arm quilter how much extra backing they like to have for each quilt!
Tips from a longarm quilter:
- Backing must be at least 3-4" larger than the top on all four sides of your quilt, which means an extra 6-8" larger than the top in both directions.
- Quilt top and back should be separate. Please do not pin or baste layers together.
- Use the cutting instructions in your pattern as a guide, not as a rule. Always measure your quilt top and cut your borders to fit your quilt, never fit your quilt to the borders. Keep your quilt as wave-free as possible!
- Be sure your piecing and borders lie flat. Longarm quilting will not fix uneven borders which will cause your quilt to have puckers or tucks when quilted.
- Press all seams flat.
- Do not use a bed sheet as a backing.
- If your top or backing is directional, mark it as such.
- Attach a tag to your quilt that includes your name and phone number